Founded in 1928, Temple Beth El is the oldest synagogue in Great Neck. The project included extensive restoration of the existing 100-year old chapel and 30-year old sanctuary and the construction of a brand new building that connects in two locations to the existing building. A courtyard was created in the center of the connected buildings with a skylight enclosing the area. There was the addition of a concrete
foundation one story below-grade with a new steel framed structure that rose three stories above grade, housing new classrooms, administration spaces, conference rooms, a full kitchen and catering hall.